AAA Western Australian Fleece Show
Entries Close Sat 24th October 2020
The top placed exhibits have the opportunity to be included in group transport east to compete in the AAA National Fleece Challenge (NFC).
In anticipation of the NFC, the WA Region have established the 2020 Western Australian Fleece Show. Hopefully through this promotion, a larger proportion of the best of WA’s alpaca industry will be competing at the national level.
Highlighting WA’s best fleeces and breeding on a National stage.
International Judge Ron Reid has agreed to judge, with the event will takingplace at Gemma Chenik’s property. Kindest thanks to all for supporting the promotion of WA Alpacas.
Entries close on the 24th October via eAlpaca.
Entry price $10 per fleece.
Fleeces to be delivered to Perth locations by 31st October.
Judging to take place on 7th November, with results issued the same day.
National Fleece Challenge entries for WA exhibitors have been extended to the 9th November.
- Two key drop off locations: North (Jamie Logan 0419738830), South (Danny Birch 0427709107).
- For Albany and surrounds, Brett Fallon (0408403910) will take fleeces to Perth 16th
- Exhibiters are to have their fleece in a clear plastic bag. A fleece info sheet will need to be printed, filled in and included in the clear plastic bag. In order to be considered for the group transport, the disclaimers need to be completed.
- No ribbons or trophies will be awarded. Placings will be published via email, website, and socials.
- During judging great care will be taken with fleeces to ensure winners are in top shape for NFC.
- Winners will be packaged together and couriered over east, the cost of which will be largely subsidised by the AAA WA Region.
- The justification of this cost and purpose for the involvement by the AAA WA Region, is for the promotion of WA alpaca genetics.
- Entries are open to all AAA WA Region members.
- The NFC have kindly allowed late entries from this competition to be entered.
- Exhibitors will have to complete their own entries to NFC via eAlpaca by the 9th
- Important to note: Fleeces going east will not be returned due to WA quarantine rules.
- Waratah Alpaca Fibre has kindly agreed to buy each fleece, direct from each exhibitor.
- Entry to the WA show is not conditional to entering the NFC
- Exhibitors will need to nominate on entry if they wish for their fleeces to be transported to NFC.
- Collection of fleeces not sent to the NFC will need to be collected from the drop off point.
- The show is not open to the public. No spectators will be allowed.